We are looking for a Senior Cloud & DevOps Engineer to join our growing Infrastructure and DevOps Team. In this position, you will improve, maintain, and administer our development and production environments and you will have ownership of the core infrastructure of the EmailTree platform. You will be our center of technical excellence regarding Cloud and DevOps tools and technologies including Azure, Kubernetes, and CI/CD. You will be tasked with reducing our time to delivery by automating development processes and improving our developer experience. Extremely broad and deep knowledge of DevOps and Cloud platforms and tools is a must.
You will work closely with Frontend and Backend Software Engineers, AI/Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists, QA Engineers, Product Owners, stakeholders, and of course other members of the Infrastructure and DevOps team.
- Lead broad and highly visible efforts to improve our development processes and developer experience in a highly impactful way.
- Provide technical direction regarding tooling, integrations, automation, and security.
- Demonstrate deep and broad knowledge of storage, security, networking, and automation technologies.
- Lead the implementation of major infrastructure improvements and optimizations.
- Ensure the day-to-day development processes are continually improving.
- Develop and communicate a long-term Cloud and DevOps strategy.
- Mentor and educate your colleagues, and increase the competency of Cloud and DevOps across EmailTree.
- Communicate upcoming plans, improvements, refactors, and other aspects of your work clearly and transparently even when it may not have an impact on others.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- At least 5 years of experience supporting SaaS or PaaS software development teams in an agile environment, for instance by automating development processes, creating CI/CD pipelines, administrating development environments, managing deployments, and performing other similar duties.
- At least 4 years of experience developing and managing technical environments for a team of more than 10 developers.
- At least 4 years of experience creating CI/CD pipelines and using tools like Jenkins, Argo, Git, BitBucket, and JIRA for automating processes.
- At least 3 years of professional experience with Kubernetes and Helm.
- At least 3 years of Cloud experience with Azure, GCP, AWS, or another cloud computing platform.
- Experience deploying applications to the cloud and administering and maintaining those applications.
- Experience with Azure Active Directory and Single Sign-On.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills regardless of who you may be communicating with, be it a manager, teammate, customer, investor, or another party.
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages such as BASH or Python and the YAML or JSON data formats.
- Experience with logging and monitoring solutions for Kuberrnetes
- Experience with Sentry
- Deploy of on-prem Kubernetes clusters behind VPNs and/or firewalls, proxy, etc.
- 10 or more years of relevant professional experience.
- 7 or more years of experience managing software development environments and improving developer experiences.
- 7 or more years of experience automating the delivery of customer-facing software.
- 5 or more years of experience packaging, via containerization or otherwise, and deploying SaaS applications in both on-premise and cloud environments.
- 3 or more years of experience orchestrating and developing infrastructure for microservices.
- 3 or more years of experience working with Azure, especially regarding the deployment and administration of transactional applications on Azure.
- 3 or more years of experience developing infrastructure for software that heavily utilised artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- 1 or more years of experience leading a DevOps, Cloud, or Infrastructure Engineering team.
- Experience migrating monolithic software projects to microservices.
- Experience implementing and enforcing information security standards such as ISO 27001.