10 September 2019 - EmailTree AI, the leading end-to-end AI-driven email automation solution received three awards during the Demo Day event which concluded the InnovX - BCR Accelerator for Grinders 2020. Therefore, EmailTree AI is the winner of the First Place at InnovX BCR Demo Day Powered by Microsoft Grinders Edition 2020 and received Special Award from Microsoft and UiPath.
The awards came after two months of intensive mentorship sessions, courses and high-quality deliverables which were assessed by specialists and senior representatives of BCR, Microsoft, UiPath, Modex and experts appointed by InnovX Accelerator.
InnovX Xelerator joined their forces with BCR Business Accelerator to create one of the most ambitious hubs for entrepreneurial innovation in Central and Eastern Europe. The InnovX - BCR Business Accelerator supports entrepreneurs in growing quickly from innovation through commercialisation to scaling internationally. Through this program, startups get immediate access to the newest technologies, top education, and global communities. The success relies on their expanded network of international partners that are ready to offer proven tools to boost the innovation for further development.
"We scout for the most ambitious entrepreneurs from Central and Eastern Europe that want to scale their innovation at EU and Global Level. We appreciate functional teams, innovative solutions, businesses in emerging technologies, scalable solutions that solve global challenges."
During the InnovX - BCR Accelerator, the startups had the chance to:
- Use best educational methodologies from Blue Ocean Strategy | Shift | Leadership, Strategyzer, MITx on edX founded by HarvardX, BerkeleyX & MitX.
- Gain high-value support in finance, law and business via consultants
- Implement the latest technologies from global leaders: Microsoft, UiPath, Modex
- Access networks and events trough our global community partners: Startup Grind, Mindspace, MIT Enterprise Forum CEE
This year, the from InnovX - BCR Business Accelerator 2020 received over 120 applications. The jury had interviews with 83 companies from Timisoara, Sibiu, Arges, Craiova, Targoviste, Iasi, Cluj, Luxembourg and Bucharest. After the interviews and analysis of their applications, 24 of them started a two weeks incubation phase in July 2020.
After the incubation phase, the best 16 grinders were selected to start the Accelerator program. The accelerator calendar included six weeks of intense workshops, courses, mentoring sessions which concluded with high-quality deliverables.
There were different topics and themes which cover all the major business sides such as blended learning methodologies from MIT, training business model, masterclasses on social and microfinance, workshops on different topics such as branding, forecast, commercialisation strategy, investments, innovation.
The last phase was the selection of the best ten grinders for the much-anticipated 60seconds ElevatorPitch, where EmailTree AI was selected with the highest score.
The list of ten selected grinders:
Lex Technologies (Budget Master)
The most anticipated event was the Demo Day powered by Microsoft, where the selected startups presented their three minutes pitches and demo presentations in front of a prestigious jury. Members of the jury:
- Alexandru Mihailciuc, Global Head of Pre-Sales at UiPath
- Bogdan Enea, Regional Corporate Director BCR
- Filip Řehořík, OCP Startup Lead for Central and Eastern Europe & Partner Technical Strategist at Microsoft
- Alin Daniel Iftemi, Head & Co-founder Modex
- Pawel Bochniarz, President MIT Enterprise Forum CEE
- Serban Marghescu, Community Manager Mindspace
- Daniel Lar, Director at Yonder
- Dan Zaharia, Founder Fab Lab Iasi
There was also a fascinating fireside chat on the topic "How to innovate by converging future technologies?"The "Triple A" panel was a blast last night InnovX BCR Demo Day powered by Microsoft for Startups Europe, with great speakers from the cloud computing, robotic process automation, and blockchain domain!
- Alina Irma O. Leading largest commercial segment of Microsoft in Romania and Partner ecosystem of Microsoft
- Alexandru Mihailciuc Global Head of Pre-Sales UiPath
- Alin Daniel Iftemi , Head and Co-founder Modex
They discussed how to grow through converging future technologies, how to make a profit with frenemies, how is coopetition generating progress.
After intense pitches and demo presentation, the InnovX officials announced the final results:
"It's all about cooperation at the InnovX BCR DemoDay powered by Microsoft, and we are grateful for our amazing partners for awarding some innovative startups."
After intense deliberations, the awards went to:
First place: EmailTree AI
Second place: Rungutan
Third places: StartGDPR and APIO DIGITAL
There were also special awards from the sponsors as follows:
Microsoft Award went to EmailTree AI
UiPath Award went to EmailTree AI
BCR Award went to UniVRse
Mindspace Bucharest Award went to APIO DIGITAL
Modex Award went to APIO DIGITAL